Friday, September 18, 2009

Tip Me


The Bitchy Waiter is needing some tips. I wonder how much money one of those people makes who has the cardboard sign and sits by the subway. Their sign always says "stranded in New York, baby on the way" or "lost everything in fire, please help" or "need money to buy beer." If I lived in a regular city maybe I could invest in a squeegee and wash the windshields of cars stopped at lights. Or have a garage sale, maybe. But I don't live in a regular city. I live in (supposebly) the greatest city in the world. A city where dreams come true and fortunes are made. The Big Apple. New York City! It's also a city that has about umpteen million restaurants that are all completely staffed and won't hire me. For the life of me, I can't understand why I can't find a decent waiting job. Maybe I should take my www.thebitchywaiter.com off of my resume, I dunno. Nah, that can't be it. It must be because they already have a bevy of servers with attitudes just as fine as mine and cannot afford to take on one more. Surely, that's it.

Eventually something will come along that doesn't involve overnight travel or four interviews or giving massages to the owner's wife's bunion covered feet. In the meantime, help a brother out...

Just click it...






7 comments:

Liz said...

Hey, I just put 50 bucks into your tip jar. You can confirm at elizabethhillard@yahoo.com or just on the blog.

Courage!

The Bitchy Waiter said...

Liz, you are amazing. I hope you read this. Never thought anyone would take me up on that offer, but you made my day. The Bitchy Waiter is smiling large.

Liz said...

Glad it made it to you! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I want to know how the homeless people always have big black markers ready and available to make those beggar signs?

Those things are expensive!

Modest Goddess said...

Can't believe Liz left a tip. That was a really selfless thing to do.

Anonymous said...

supposebly is NOT a fucking word. You slam people non-stop for their grammar and misuse of homophones (when you make the SAME mistakes throughout this blog) and you're just as illiterate! And "her and Papaw" is incorrect, it's "SHE and Papaw (or whatever you call your grandparents).

Unknown said...

cheap jerseys
fun11go.over-blog

fun11go.blogdetik

fun11go.hatenablog