Saturday, January 28, 2012

Waitress Kicks Some Ass

Another hero waitress has been discovered! In Cookeville, Tennessee, a customer thought she would be able to eat at Mandarin Palace and then slip out without paying for her meal. "Not so," said waitress Susan Wang, who had other thoughts. I mean look at her picture there. Would you mess with anyone who can give a side-eye like that?

20 year old Sonya Allen gobbled up three plates of egg rolls, orange chicken and monosodium glutemate at a Chinese food buffet and then tried to be all sneaky and slip slide out of the restaurant without paying her $13 bill. That is when Wang went into action. Her family owns the newly opened restaurant and she was all, "I don't think so, lady. This ain't no dine and ditch, bitch." The 5' 1" and 110 pound bundle of waitress screamed out to call the cops and then took matters into her own hands. Literally. She grabbed Allen and whipped her around in an an arm hold worthy of a NYC dirty cop and then pulled her hair until the thieving customer fell to her knees. Wang then put her knee of the back of the customer and that is where she stayed until the cops came and arrested her. Allen was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, failure to eat at a Chinese restaurant with a decent name and drug possession when police found Xanax pills on her without a prescription. Way to go, Susan Wang! You are one tough chickie. If I saw you on the 7 train and you had your eyes on the last seat in the car, I would defer to you immediately.

Since Hero Waitress owns the restaurant with her family, she was a little (a lot) more invested in it than I ever would be. Had it been me who saw the customer exiting sans payment, I am not quite so sure I would risk life, limb and lazy to chase after the patron. Since it's pretty much illegal to make a server responsible for walk-outs, I would have been like, "Um, manager? That lady driving the green Honda out of the parking lot? Yeah, she just stole thirteen of your dollars. She looked like a cheap ho anyway so I wasn't expecting a tip, so I'm cool. No worries."

What about you? What would you do if you saw one of your customers trying to leave without paying their check?



Click here to follow The Bitchy Waiter on Twitter.
Click here to find The Bitchy Waiter on Facebook.

15 comments:

A Beer for the Shower said...

I would have been happier knowing that there was Kung-Fu involved. Please tell me there was Kung-Fu involved.

KrisCahli said...

The first time someone walks out, we have to pay the full bill. The second time, we're fired!

Anonymous said...

nice one lady. assaulting someone over 13 bucks. guess simply getting the tag number and description of the car and a description of her wouldnt have been sufficient. Lets just hope the girl who walked out doesnt have any friends or relatives looking to get even with the waitress.

E.Rigby said...

I used to work at a 24 hour diner. 1st night and 1st table got into a fight and was thrown out...no tip...no bill paid!

Ange said...

I think I would just yell out "hey, thanks for not paying and wave.

I am lazy though.

Karen said...

Good for Her!! I am surprised at a couple of comments. I think most establishments take the money out of the servers tips. I imagine more people are doing the "Dine and Dash" these days. Needs to be more people like this waitress!

Chantel said...

Now, it's probably due to the fact that I'm six feet tall and have boxing experience--but I'm all over there being an actual CONSEQUENCE for stealing. I am a tad shocked at some of these comments--would you grab someone over a $100 bill but not a $13? Unless you've been screwed before, this seems minor; but it's stealing, just the same.

lapetitefée said...

I am not even IN waiting - and I understand the reaction of people who were like "copy down the tag number" - but I think this was awesome.

Maybe they have a policy of if they watch someone leaving who is already outside and copying down a tag/plate number. And that's fine. BUT, I am willing to bet money on the customer acting suspicious as she got ready to leave, not just walking past the registering without paying.

Unknown said...

I am with "Beer For the Shower" I really hope there was Kung-Fu involved and some chopsticks.

euphoric_mania said...

I work for a chain restaurant. Let's call it "Pepper's" just to remain completely anonymous. As it is illegal, my job has never tried to force me to pay the tab of a dine and dash. I have however, chased down and blocked the entrance when someone has tried to dash. Not because I care so much about my management team and the future of my corporation, but because these asshole were difficult during the entire visit, made a few homophobic comments which rubbed me the wrong way. And as a decent sized, vengeful bitch, I decided to see if they would buck up or pay out. They paid out. I smiled. I have never been happier to be stiffed in my life. :)

crazycaca said...

Twenty years ago I used to chase them out to the parking lot. Now I just smile and wave bye bye... Once I drop the check, It's up to the cashier to make sure they don't get past her!

Anonymous said...

I find myself attracted to this waitress. She has that certain something I want to settle down with. Baby likes it rough.

Ruby said...

OMG this is awesome! I've finally graduated/gotten out of 6 years of hospitality work. I can't wait to read through the rest of your blog!!!

serving up an attitude said...

A dumbass who was about to skip on thirteen whole bucks of a buffett bill had illegal xanex in her purse? No way! Oh, I wonder what demographic that bitch represents...doubt it rhymes with 'slight rash' and can be found all over trailer parks or anything. She was probably too intimidated by Susan Wang to try the 'I found a hair in my soup' trick.

I have never actually had someone walk out on me. The closest I came was when a coworker walked through my section and recognized one of my tables had run up a huge tab on sirloin steak and wine, then skipped on him the previous week. Since they were of the aforementioned demographic (As a server, I don't let stereotypes affect the way i serve...except to say that white trash is the one demographic that pretty much consistatly remains the same. I have never waited on a wt table that didn't follow the trope to the tee. Its almost like they pass notes down at the trailer park.), I was only to happy to tell my gm. When she confronted them, they didn't have a dime on them.

busana muslim said...

Great post,I really like your article