Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bitchy Waiter Best of 2012

How can 2012 end without there being some kind of "end of year" wrap up? It can't, I tell you. Keeping that in mind, I have gone through the blog archives and looked to see what were the highlights of the year. Turns out The Bitchy Waiter in 2012 was pretty much the same as it was in 2011: bitching, whining, complaining and pissing people off. Success! There were 211 posts in 2012 as compared to the 299 from the year before which means that I got a little bit lazy. I will try to amend that for 2013 and when I say "try to amend that" I mean I won't think about it again until the day before 2014.

I have decided to make three top five lists. One list will be the five posts with the most comments, another list will be the five with the most views and the last list will be the five that were "liked" the most on Facebook.Keep in mind that these lists serve no purpose other than to try to get you to go back and reread some crap I wrote in 2012. Plus, everyone likes lists. It's a known fact. And here we go:


Most Comments

  1. 177 comments. Are Your Customers as Stupid as Mine Are? came in with so many comments because Springs1 took over and couldn't shut the fuck up.
  2. 110 comments. This post called 10 Ways Being a Waiter Has Made Me a Better Person got people talking and remembering that waiting tables isn't all bad, just mostly bad.
  3. 82 comments. A Comment on Comments all about the notorious Ranch bitch from hell, Springs1.
  4. 74 comments. I Hate Your Baby. So What? Need I say more?
  5. 46 comments. A two-way tie for this. A Comment on Comments is always fun to write and on this one I had an especially good time ripping a new asshole for the original commenter. In No Seating of Incomplete Parties, I guess I wasn't the only one who had thoughts on this.


Most Viewed

  1. 9,531 hits. Reason #525,600 Someone Didn't Tip wins for the most viewed piece of the year. ("Most viewed piece" sounds dirty and makes me think of Kim Kardashian.)
  2. 6,357 hits. Potty Training in a Restaurant? Hell No! How can you resist going back to reread about the dumb bitch who saw no problem with setting up a potty training toilet at the table in the middle of the restaurant?
  3. 6,293 hits. Most Ridiculous List of Fines, Ever stirred up a lot of attention because the manager had his head so far up his ass that he thought this was a good idea.
  4. 6,130 hits. A Response to "10 Rules For Restaurants" because you know if someone wrote  a stupid article about restaurants then I was going to find it and tear them a new asshole.
  5. 6,040 hits. The Argument FOR Separate Checks did well, maybe because I was actually for something that I am usually against.
Most Liked via Facebook.

  1. 738 likes. Eating Out For Thanksgiving? Read This First. Lots of people liked this one
  2. 712 likes. This post called One Big Meatball Family hit home with a plenty of people because we know how wonderful our coworkers can sometimes be.
  3. 618 likes. 10 Ways Being a Waiter Has Made Me a Better Person. makes a reappearance.
  4. 575 likes. It's Official: Servers Are Not Stupid. Of course people liked this one because, duh.
  5. 470 likes. And we see another repeat with this dumb bitch who thought she had a good excuse to not leave a tip. Reason #525,600 Someone Didn't Tip.

There you have it.Here's hoping that 2013 is a wonderful year for all of us. I hope for nice customers with friendly attitudes who like to tip 20%. Happy new year, everyone!


4 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

Oh god, I actually had to stop reading the comments because Spring1 was so incredibly frustrating.

Mary A. said...

so. . . the potty training bit didn't take the top spot?

WTF?

Rogue Wino said...

So happy you sent Springs1 on her merry, sloppy way. She is funny until she completely derails a site's comments section :P
My silly little posts get a tiny fraction of those numbers, even if they're lucky Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Let us hope for a springs1 free 2013, I took a hit from her on one post which resulted in 113 comments from her battling with my readers/friends. Hope you had a great 2012 and I wish you an even better 2013.