Technically, tomorrow is the end of an era on the calendar and it's just where their calendar stops, so maybe it's not actually the end of the world. Maybe there was a continuation of the calendar and it just got misplaced somewhere, like in a closet or under some crap in the cabinet. Or maybe the guy who was making the calendar was like, "Fuck this shit, I'm tired. I already made the calendar for way too far in advance. Enough already." Or maybe the wold is in fact going to come crashing down around us tomorrow and I did laundry last night for absolutely no reason at all. Assuming that today is your last full day on earth, there are some things you may want to do before you never have the chance to do them again:
- When a customer asks you if you have a restroom, just say no.
- Instead of cleaning all the ketchup lids, just throw the bottles away and replace them with new ones.
- When the lady at table six tells you her coffee isn't hot enough, stick your finger in the cup and say, "You're right." And then walk away.
- Make up some crazy extravagant specials of the day like lobster thermidor for $9.99 or all-you-can-eat prime rib for five bucks and let people order it. Go back to their table two minutes later to apologize and tell them it was 86'ed.
- Call out that cook who always takes really stinky dumps.
- Add zeros to every credit card tip because by the time they get their credit card bill, we'll all be dead.
- Don't wash your hands after using the restroom and see if anything happens.
- Taste every cocktail before you serve it as an act of quality control so that you can be sure that your customers are having the best cocktails possible. It might be their last one and you want it to be good.
- When someone orders a bottle of wine, uncork it and just pour it without letting them taste it first. It's the end of the world; be crazy.
- Tell your boss that you find his wife annoying and after working there for almost two years you think she should at least acknowledge your presence when she comes in. I mean, c'mon. I have worked there for 22 months and she can't say fucking hello to me when she walks past me??
- Don't iron your uniform, use a dirty apron and wear whatever shoes you want to wear to work.
- If you get to choose the music you listen to at the restaurant, say on Pandora or something, create a Rodgers and Hammerstein station and turn it up really loud when anything from The Sound of Music comes on. (Spoiler alert: done it. It's fun.)
- If someone sends their food back say, "I don't think we're going to be able to make you happy here tonight so why don't you just let me comp this so you can go somewhere else?"
- Serve only regular coffee. We need people to be alert tomorrow.
- Refuse to serve any hot tea. If you end up with me in hell tomorrow, you know you we'll be making hot teas for eternity so why not give ourselves a break from it?
- Ask for a raise. The answer may be "when pigs fly" or "when hell freezes over" so you might have a shot at it.
- Smile. Your last day on earth is always a good time to try new things.
Click here to follow The Bitchy Waiter on Twitter.
Click here to find The Bitchy Waiter on Facebook.