Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Bitchy Waiter Has Been Published

Okay, so it is time to toot my own horn for just a moment (as if I don't do that pretty much every day...) but I must share some news with you. Something I have written has been selected for publication in a new magazine and I am pretty darn proud of it. I am not going to judge the people who chose my writing but they must have been on their third or eighth round of Hollie Hobby Sangria when they thought my writing was good enough to pass the test, but for whatever reason they chose me. And I said yes. I have a feeling that the next day when they saw my email, they were like, "Did we really ask The Bitchy Waiter if we could publish that shit?" It's sorta like when you get really drunk and go home with someone and the next morning you see a mountain of flesh and hair in your bed and realize that you may have slept with it. But regardless, they asked, I said yes, and it's too late now for them to change their minds.

The magazine is called The Printed Blog. You can check out their website here. It's a great idea for a new magazine. They are trolling the Internet and finding the most interesting stuff (plus The Bitchy Waiter) and then printing it in an actual magazine. I think they realize that there are still plenty of people who like the tactile act of turning real actual pages. Plus, reading a magazine is so much nicer when you are on the subway, an airplane or the toilet. I mean an iPad is great, but you don't want to carry that into the bathroom with you, right? They also have a Facebook page that I think you should check out here. And finally if you want the digital version of the showcase issue you can go right here and download it. Get it now while you can, because soon it will cost you real money to see this fucking cool magazine. And did I mention I am in it? Page three, ladies and gents! Go subscribe right now.

I just want to say thanks to Josh and the whole gang at The Printed Blog and also a thank you to the readers who come here every day. Your emails make me happy and you encourage me to keep writing. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I say thank you. Thank you very much.

Love,
the Bitchy Waiter

17 comments:

BB said...

Congratulations...This must be your lucky day...lol. You are very welcome.

Corey Wilkey said...

love it! i subscribed to their site and i cant wait to get it and your articles in it!

Alexa O said...

Excellent! Congratulations, and thanks for the info on the magazine itself. Looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Yay! That's great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Well deserved :)

Hazel xxx

donna freakin' reed said...

A real printed magazine is really freakin' cool. I'm so freakin' jealous! I fell like such a freakin' no body! You are a somebody. A somebody in print!

that guy said...

Bitchy

that is awsomeness on swirled rye and a side of curly fries

with horseradish and not f-ing thousand island, but on the side, please...

and a kosher dill...

could i also get a Hell's yeah! you rock!!!...neat with a twist?

bruceejohnsonjadip.blogspot.com

unfilteredstupidityabounds.blogspot.com

Necromancy:The Art Of Living said...

That's wonderful news Congratulations!

Kara Hoag said...

Hey, congrats! Definitely deserved.

karahoag.blogspot.com

a rudish oldish wrinklish girl said...

i find it hard to believe that you haven't been sought out by a publisher to turn your blog into a book- AND good for you- a MAGAZINE- and even if it were highlights- in your hair or in the hands of children- it still would be s-p-e-c-i-a-l. kudos to fuckin yudos.

Eva said...

Congratulations!!

Dr. McCoy said...

Good job! All your fame whoring has paid off. Congratulations to you, sir.

Ghadeer said...

Congratulations! You're writing IS worth it


spill-beans.blogspot.com

CarrieMarie said...

congrats! being published is awesome!

Wendy said...

Congrats!!!

Practical Parsimony said...

Congratulations! Your whole blog needs to be published!

The Empress said...

Major props to you Bitchy Waiter! Your writing is amazing so the fact that they asked you to be a part of their publication is no surprise.

Here is a virtual cocktail in your honor! Cheers!!

http://rantersbox.blogspot.com