Friday, November 19, 2010

Run, Bitchy, Run...on an Elliptical Machine

A lot of times, people ask me how I come up with a topic each day to write about. Sometimes it’s really simple. Some stupid ass may post a comment that is crying out for a response or maybe something in the news gets my wheels to turnin’ and I use it for inspiration. Most commonly though, an event or person at work makes it clear that they are the next thing that should be written about. But sometimes all of those are brick walls. I scratch my head and ponder the possibilities but come up with nothing. These are the times that I have to dig deep into the recesses of my (very shallow) mind. I clear my thoughts and wait for an idea to pop up. I may be in the shower, or about to fall asleep or even at the gym on a cardio machine when a light bulb goes off. But not today.

I was at the gym and on an elliptical machine struggling to do 5,000 strides in thirty minutes and waiting for an idea to come to me. Should I write about the tired ass drama at the new job? Or should I write about that ridiculous handbook full of stupid ass rules that I am trying to familiarize myself with? Suddenly and without warning, I felt the beginning of a brilliant topic on the precipice of my subconscious. I mean, it was really good. Like a blog post that would inspire people to share it with their friends and make this bitch of a blog go viral and then I heard a huge creaking sound. My goddamn elliptical machine was fucked up. I wasn’t about to get off it because I only had 12 minutes left and I didn’t want to jeopardize my distance and calories burned. So I kept going even though it was screeching and moaning the whole remaining 12 minutes plus the three minute cool down. How dare this machine steal an idea from me. The creaking and groaning scared away the most brilliant idea I have ever had and I blame my gym and their crappy ass elliptical machine.

When I got home, I did a Google search to see if I could find some elliptical reviews so I could find out what the fuck was wrong with the machine I was on. I was ready to look their ass up and send them a dirty rotten (and of course anonymous) email raking them and their machine over the coals. I actually found the machine that I was using at the gym (a Nordic Track A.C.T. if you care) and was surprised to see that there was no mention of it breaking down right when people are about to have a brilliant idea. Sure, it gives your upper body a work out and has a heart rate monitor, but it doesn’t do anything to help you remember a great idea that you had for only half a second. Damn you, Nordic Track A.C.T., damn you to hell. I did take the time to forward the elliptical reviews website to my gym because they said they are about to replace all of their machines and I wanted to do my part. Hopefully, the next elliptical machine they buy will not make annoying screeching noises. And I also hope it has a television, because cardio is so much better when you can watch Maury Povich and see if Bubba is or is not the father of Charlene’s baby.

Okay, so tomorrow maybe The Bitchy Waiter will actually be about waiting tables. But bitches, it ain’t easy coming up with something every day. Especially when you're as lazy as I am.

14 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I hear ya on the elliptical.. If it screeches its the wheels at the back, most likely the hub that covers it is rubbing against it.. I've seen the employees do a little pull to the side of the hub and its fixed.There's not much to that machine- so next time pull on the cover of the wheel at the back.

BB said...

Have you ever written about your very first waitering job? Your more embarassing moment in your career? Just food for thought but I'm sure you have already. Taxi's, subways, bus stories? It'll be good whatever the topic may be.

G. B. Miller said...

It's tough coming up with fresh original material on a daily basis.

Perhaps you could write about why you got into this profession in the first place?

I was always curious as to why some people get into this type of job to begin with.

that guy said...

as a guy that avoids machines that cause me to sweat, i cannot relate to the exersize thingy, but i can relate to finding something to blog about.

i usually have a notepad and stuff to write on, but some days it is very difficult...

you always seem to find a good thing and make it work...

keep on being bitchy!!!

Krissy said...

I bet you'll remember in the shower tomorrow. I hate it when I have an idea and forget what it was before I can get to an electronic device or piece of paper to jot it down! That just royally bites, hon.

http://talkativetaurus.blogspot.com/

the good-buy girl said...

Well, if you like really bizare stories, hop on over to my blog and read the crazy story that I just posted and write something creative, as only you can do, about it. There's an idea! Love your blog! Kim
www.thegreatselloff.blogspot.com

JOBS said...

hi'
nice..
thanks for info n give me idea..


____________

Krissy said...

What the eff! There's another Krissy?! Damn. And here I thought I was the only one...

No one said you had to blog everyday. Blogging was something you chose to do on your own terms.

The pressure. The pressure! I know what you mean, Bitchty. I used to be a hot shot blogger on Myspace (years ago) that was a victom of my own success

NSummers said...

Can't imagine how hard it was to keep going. I imagine it was like fingernails on a blackboard! Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

its a great idea to workout in elliptical!! thanks :)

commercial fitness service said...

It is truly a great and helpful piece of information.
I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful information with us.
Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing information

Melissa said...

I love working out on my elliptical, but can totally relate.

I once bought a step machine that squeaked so loudly my next door neighbors could hear it. I only realized this when I was at their place one day and my daughter was using it. Not sure what they thought I'd been doing at 6 am every morning.

I also bought one of those thigh trainer/slide things that squeaked. Same brand, so I should have known better.

Will check out some of your other posts.

Madison said...

I am happy to read your article.
I get more information through this article.
Thank's very much!
best elliptical machine reviews

B Stifen said...

Great! I appreciate your post, finding the Best Machines for Low Impact Exercise and Better Health via your website. I know the sole fitness e35 elliptical trainer is the top-quality Machine. But I'm not sure, now want to know about sole e35 elliptical reviews in details.
Have you another blog/site about it?
Let me know. Waiting for you. Thank you