Friday, March 9, 2012

The Cocktail of the Evening! (with recipe)

It is Saturday night and like a true party monster, I am at home about to watch Project Runway and Downton Abbey while drinking some cocktails on my sofa. The cocktail of the evening is a delicious Pink Grapefruit Margarita that my dear friend Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, taught me how to make. The last time I was at her place in the Hamptons, our good buddy Susan Stroman stopped by and we had an old-fashioned piano party and way too many of these drinks. Jeffrey was out of town and what happens at Ina's stays at Ina's! Anyhoo, here is the recipe. You're not gonna believe how easy this is.

Pink Grapefruit Margarita

  • 1 lime, cut in wedges, optional
  • Kosher salt, optional
  • 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 cup orange liqueur, like Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
  • 2 cups ice
  • one cup white tequila

Directions

If you like a salt rim on the glasses, rub the lime around the edge of the glass and then dip the rim of each glass lightly in a plate of kosher salt. Set aside to dry.

Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, orange liqueur, and ice in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the tequila.
Serve ice cold and drink those bitches up.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

love,

BW


Click here to follow The Bitchy Waiter on Twitter.
Click here to find The Bitchy Waiter on Facebook.

8 comments:

Marshadarsha said...

Ina Garten is GOD.

Tonya @ My Cozy Little Farmhouse said...

Would it be blasphemous if I rimmed with sugar instead of salt? It looks so yummy!

The Bitchy Waiter said...

Rim it any way you want to.

Confessions from the Hairdresser said...

Thaaaat's what SHE saaaaaaiiiiiid!!

ChiTown Girl said...

I literally just put my jammies on and crawled into bed before pulling out my netbook and checking in here. I kid you not, I am compelled to put my damn clothes back on, jump in my car, and go buy some grapefruit juice just to make these!!!

I'm gonna try to hold off until tomorrow. It won't be easy...

Anonymous said...

Why don't I drink? It's times like these I wish I did. Looks yummy.

Lizzy said...

Dear Bitchy Waiter,

I loved you before, but now that you are encouraging my solitary consumption of scrumptious alcoholic beverages while I likewise enjoy Downton Abbey I have developed a passionate and brilliant hope for the future: someday, let's drink together.

Myr said...

Change Saturday to Sunday, your cocktail (albeit delicious-sounding, but too labor intensive for me, as opposed to popping open a bottle of...) champagne, and Downtown Abbey and Project Runaway to The Walking Dead and Shameless (U.S.), and you have my perfect weekend evening!

I love my couch!! Especially after busting my ass all week waiting tables!