Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hello, My Name is Bitchy Waiter...

I am back. This is the first new post in days and days so forgive any typos and the apathy that may creep into this writing. My brain is still on vacation mode. While gallivanting across the Pacific Northwest, I ventured into many dining establishments and was served by a variety of servers. Young or old, experienced or newbie, they all had one thing in common. Each and every one of them brought my ass a cocktail. It is not surprising that I drank my way through my vacation. What is surprising is that I carried a pen and paper with me so I could keep meticulous notes of all the alcohol that I ingested. On average it's about three cocktails a day so it's not like I have a fucking problem or anything. Some were better than others but all were divine. Below, you can witness the slow poisoning of my liver and I have listed where they each came from in case you want to sample them sometime. Some were made for me at the homes of friends but I am pretty sure if you turn up on Stephanie or Ron's door, they would be happy to make you a cocktail. Or at least give you the recipe.

  • #1- Pisco Punch at my hotel The Galleria Park in San Francisco. Never had Pisco before but fucking loved it.
  • #2- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Twin Peaks bar in The Castro
  • #3- Pomegranate martini, 2223 restaurant
  • #4- Pomegranate martini, 2223 restaurant
  • #5- Margarita on the rocks with salt, Beach Chalet in Golden Gate Park
  • #6- Pomegranate martini at Stephanie's house
  • #7- Pomegranate martini at Stephanie's house
  • #8- Pomegranate martini at Stephanie's house
  • #9- some French beer at some French bistro. Bastille Day!
  • #10- Blueberry rum fizz at my hotel
  • #11- Kiwi cosmo, Catch restaurant
  • #12- Vodka gimlet, Badlands bar in The Castro
  • #13- Margarita on the rocks with salt, The Lodge in Sonoma, CA
  • #14- Russian River Valley Chardonnay, Della Santina's restaurant
  • #15- Wine tasting at Gundlach Bunschu winery
  • #16- Wine tasting, Bartholomew Park Winery
  • #17- margarita on the rocks with salt, Maya restaurant
  • #18- Pomegranate martini, Stephanie's house back in San Francisco
  • #19- Betel Juice (midori, rum and pineapple), Betelnut restaurant
  • #20- Betel Juice (midori, rum and pineapple), Betelnut restaurant
  • #21- Betel Juice (midori, rum and pineapple), Betelnut restaurant
  • #22- Vodka/cranberry on Amtrak train going to Portland, OR
  • #23- Frozen mango martini at Ron and Larry''s house
  • #24- Pink margarita on the rocks with salt, Dots Cafe
  • #25- Pink margarita on the rocks with salt, Dots Cafe
  • #26- Mirrorball (watermelon vodka, cranberry, prosecco), Saucebox restaurant
  • #27- Vodka gimlet, Ron Tom bar
  • #28- Blackberry cosmo, Doug Fir Bar
  • #29- Blood orange margarita on the rocks with salt, The Farm restaurant
  • #30- Portland pomegranate martini at Ron and Larry's house
  • #31- Portland pomegranate martini at Ron and Larry's house
  • #32- Miss Mona (frozen vodka, orange juice and pomegranate), at Ron and Larry's house
  • #33- Epic Peachy Bitchy Spritz (vodka, peach lemonade, seltzer), at Ron and Larry's house and thank you to Sarah for creating it.
  • #34- a beer at Ron and Larry's house before getting on the plane

And in case any of you were wondering, I do not go to Alcoholics Anonymous. Yet

17 comments:

T Morgan said...

the first step is acknowledging the problem... I see no problem. The Betel Juice cocktail sounds good... like a Melon Ball, we used to drink Captain Morgan, Midori and Pineapple.
Chris has called me Tracy Morgan for years.

Donda said...

So I am guessing your vacation was ten days long?

Night Sai said...

Alcoholic? You? Not one damn bit! =)

Elise Lucie said...

#29 sounds so good...I could use of those right now!

Wanton Redhead Writing said...

You have made numerous bitchy comments about white wine drinkers, so I'm not surprised that your uneducated palate should misnomer your "russian river chardonnay". Unless you were drinking swill, quite possible. You were drinking, "Sonoma Cutrer Russian River Chardonnay". Tootles. I still love you, though.

The Bitchy Waiter said...

@ truck driver: you are totes correct. i never saw the bottle, just had a glass. tried to remember the right name. you're good.

The Empress said...

Welcome back your Bitchy Highness! ... I'll have a #3, 11, 19, 23, 24, 28, 32, and 33 ... stat!

pomegranate martini said...

Love the pomegranate martini! It's the only cocktail I drink, actually! Long before Oprah raves about it, I'm already hooked, lol! I really think pomegranate blends well with alcohol, really love the flavor. I always keep a fresh pomegranate in my kitchen whenever it's available in the supermarket, but I also have the bottled concentrated extracts in case of emergency, lol! ;)

Wendy said...

Boyfriend and i drink "occasionally". Boyfriend says we don't have a "problem" 'cause we DON'T GO TO MEETINGS!
We're Professionals!
=-)

Kalei's Best Friend said...

hey i see u love pomegranate martinis.. at least u are ingesting something healthy- pomegranate i.e. lol.... sounds like a fun week u had

Weight Loss said...

This is the first time i have ever read your blog but I'm glad you are feeling free.
I hope you stay free and remember that life is what you make it <3

Sucker said...

Of course you don't have a problem. Who suggested that? 34 in what, 11 days? Not bad at all.

cyberisis said...

We need to start an Alcoholics Unanimous...

Claire said...

Wow. I'm a pretty big cocktail fan and had one or two every day on my recent holiday, but you're in a different league! I want a kiwi cosmo. And the Peachy Bitchy Spritz sounds pretty awesome too!

Pippi said...

I see you also enjoy my standard, vodka gimlet. Grey Goose Gimlet on the Rocks please! Welcome back, now get to work!

OBama said...

Liberace - lovin' @hole

Unknown said...

If all my vacations were as alcohol-heavy as yours, I would happily die of cirrhosis.