Oh, and we are going to let the staff decide on what the uniforms will be, so wear some kind of rock and roll outfit to the interview, alright? Cool. Bye bye.
Wait, what? Now I have to come up with a fucking costume for this interview? Don't get me wrong, I am all about costumes. (Case in point.) But what the hell is a rock and roll outfit? I know that when I get there it's going to be crawling with people who think the better their outfit is the better chance they will get the job. As if putting on some tight leather pants automatically makes you a good server. It reminds me of this time I went to an audition for the musical "Hair" and everyone was dressed like hippies. Seriously, one chick had flowers in her hair and went into the the audition room barefoot. I can picture on Thursday a bunch of Heart loving hostesses with big hair and ripped t-shirts. I have no idea what I will wear. Some thoughts:
- I can dress like Billy Joel circa 1980, "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" with black shirt, skinny tie and red blazer.
- I can dress like Brett Michaels and wear a bandanna and a black t-shirt with skull and crossbones.
- I can dress like Elvis, the "King of Rock and Roll."
- I can dress like Bonnie Tyler in "Total Eclipse of the Heart" just because I could really rock that look.
- I can wear a "I ♥ Rock and Roll" t-shirt and just say I like Joan Jett.
- Buddy Holly? I have glasses like that somewhere.
- I could wear leather pants and blow my hair out to try to emulate a certain hair metal band that my brother used to listen to and I could hear blaring through my bedroom wall as I tried to listen to the "Yentl" soundtrack.
- Would dressing like Kiss be too much?
- Or I can just wear my skinny jeans and throw some eyeliner on and let my resume speak for itself.
What do you think I should wear?