The next time you are in a restaurant and you are considering taking your leftovers home, I want you to think of me and how much I hate doing it. Ask yourself a few simple questions:
- Will I really eat this last bite of scrambled egg tomorrow?
- Wouldn't it just be better if I cleaned my plate?
- What will these three french fries taste like when I try to reheat them in my microwave tomorrow night when I get the munchies?
- Do I want to carry around a container for the rest of the day?
- What if I put the last bit of tilapia into a bag and then it doesn't get refrigerated fast enough? Will I get food poisoning and if so, is it worth it?
- Does my waiter want to do one more fucking thing for me even though I will probably only tip him 10%?
- Will my waiter wash his hands before he picks up the remainder of my chicken club sandwich to lovingly place it inside a to-go box? (The answer to that one is no, by the way.)
- If this food was so delicious, why don't I just finish it now?
- If this food was too nasty to eat, then why the hell do I want to take it home with me?
- I can't think of another question, but I really wanted there to be ten?
Taking your food to go? Just say no.
Click here to follow The Bitchy Waiter on Twitter.
Click here to find The Bitchy Waiter on Facebook.