Sunday, February 13, 2011

Don't Touch Me

I was touched inappropriately at work last night and I am not talking in a good way. It was a very busy night and I was making the rounds to my tables as they were sat for the big show. What people don't realize is if they are not ready when I get to their table, then I will not be able to make it back to them again until I round out my whole station. Sorry, that's how it works. Table 4 wasn't ready for drinks but they did know that they wanted some cheese plate action and some mixed nuts. I took the drink orders for the tables around them and went to the computer to send that shit. I went back to my station and as I was at table 22X, I felt the tell tale sign of someone who his hand chopped off, because table 4 was pulling at my shirt. I turned around and said, "I'll be right with you, sir." My inner monologue was little different:
Oh hell no, you did not just tug at my shirt you sorry ass bucket of 1000 Island Dressing. Do you not see me standing here having a conversation with this other bitch at table 22X? Do you seriously think it is okay to touch my back and feel all up on me without even getting to know my name first or takin' my ass over to the Red Lobster for alls you can eat shrimps and lobster? Get your hand all up off of me. I do not care that you are all in a hurry now to order your stupid ass Rubytini because when I was just up at your table your ass couldn't even be bothered to hardly make eye contact with me but now you're all ready so I'm supposed to drop this bitch at table 22X and hop right over to you? Uh uh. I don't think so. Get your filthy paws off my silky drawers and you best be keepin' your hands to yourself for the rest of the night. I will run over to the sidestand and find the nastiest dullest steak knife I can find and you will see what it feel like to be a double amputee when I hack those hands right of your arms and leave you with nothing but a couple of stumpy ass nubs, you sorry ass bitch.
I smiled at table 4 and carried on with table 22X. When table 22X was done, do you think I went to table 4? Nope. I moved on to someone who hadn't molested me. Eventually, I made it back to table 4. "Okay, what can I get for you tonight? " I looked at their bowl of mixed nuts, half gone, and knew they were probably dying of thirst. The man who had made physical contact with my body mumbled something. "I'm sorry, sir, what was that?"

"If I would have known it was going to take so long for you to come back I would have just ordered the first time you were here, " he said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It got really busy. But I'm here now. What would you like?" Again, my inner monologue was a bit different.
Uh huh, maybe you will be ready to order a little faster next time, you miserable sad sack pity fuck. Maybe you learned a lesson tonight. Just because you're the customer doesn't necessarily mean you run the goddamn timetable around here. I got a freakin' system and you better learn it. When I come up to take your order, you better be ready to tell me what you want because you might have to wait a whole ten fucking minutes before you can order your sorry ass cup of coffee or tap water with no ice and extra lemon. And maybe the next time you'll think twice before touching your server because if you have even half a brain inside that big over sized head of yours, you may realize that maybe that's why I took my sweet ass time to get back to your table. Don't fucking touch me unless your cool with me copping a feel of your wife's tits. Strangers don't touch strangers unless you're crowded onto the 6 train, you're in the backroom of a bar on the Lower East Side or you just met on craigslist.
I got the table their drinks. We were fine from then on. I think he read my mind a little bit. Cocksmack.




Click here to follow The Bitchy Waiter on Twitter.
Click here to find The Bitchy Waiter on

7 comments:

sam said...

some people are so rude these days

ChiTown Girl said...

You go, Bitchy!!!

And, I think cocksmack is gonna be my word of the week. :)

J.J. said...

I really have a hard time understanding people who don't understand physical space. I am the bitch who swings a giant heavy purse into your gut if you're standing too close to me in the line at the airport. I should embroider "FUCK OFF" on the side of it too. That might help get the message across!

www.judiciousjailbird.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Loved your post. I read it, and thought "This is what strangers are like with a pregnant woman's tummy!". Seriously, when I was pregnant with both my boys, strangers would pop out from out of fucking NOWHERE to rub my stomach. My own internal monologues were very similar to yours, in fact. Next time I'm in that situation, I will say what's on my mind, though, I can promise you that!!!!

Practical Parsimony said...

During the 18 months of embarrassing hell that I spent as a cocktail waitress, I was touched in every private place imaginable. Well, I was so startled...wink... that I always managed to dump the whole tray onto the chest of the offender. The manager backed me up all the way about the accident..wink. And, I demanded money for the drinks I had to replace. If I had a repeat offender, I loaded the tray with every Tequila Sunrise I could find, sweet drink, beers, and just garbage. I dropped these on the creeps. Yes, I could cry at the drop of a hat. One guy came after me because it was a new cashmere sweater and a first date with some girl...oh well, last date too when the bouncers got through. He did not know the owner of the club had sent the clutziest waitress to him to settle a score of her own...LOL.

Cielo Gold said...

Inappropriate touching. That is one thing that really sends me through the roof when I am working behind the bar. Luckily, I have the bar as a physical barrier between myself and my customers.

There are times when the creepiest of customers come sit at the bar and think that it's okay to grab my hand in a attempt to get my attention. It gets my attention alright, but I certainly don't help them or make their drinks any faster.

You'd think when I was bartending in a strip club that I would have more problems with grabby customers. I actually have more problems with creepy guys trying to grab me in a restaurant than I ever did in a strip club. I miss having big, burly security within earshot of my every transaction.

THE GRUMPY KING said...

Brilliant!